This is literally the easiest braised brisket out there. Just 3 ingredients (salt, pepper and evoo are freebies!), and you have dinner in just a few hours.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 5-pound whole brisket or 2nd cut brisket
- 3 (9-ounce) pouches of BonGiovi Arrabiata Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir or Merlot)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Heat a large roasting pan, generously coated with evoo, over high heat. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Sear brisket until dark brown and crusty. Turn over and sear the other side.
3. Pour sauce over brisket and add wine.
4. Cover pan tightly with foil and braise for 3½ to 4 hours or until a fork can be inserted and removed with no resistance.
5. Cool brisket before slicing.
6. Strain fat off of braising liquid. Slice brisket and spoon braising liquid over brisket. Drizzle braising liquid over brisket slices and serve.