Prep: 5 min
Total: 30 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings (16 latkes)
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 smashed and peeled clove garlic
1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
1/4 cup snipped chives
1/4 cup matzoh meal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
- Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Using a ricer, rice potatoes with the garlic into a mixing bowl. Add spinach, chives, matzoh meal, salt and nutmeg. Add beaten eggs to bind ingredients together.
- Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into latkes. Lightly oil a nonstick sauté pan. Brown latkes on each side over medium heat.
- Serve with sour cream for a dairy meal, if desired.