Today we talk about getting the small things done and out of the way and off your list, so you can concentrate soon enough on getting the big things done - like shopping / cooking / cleaning and making Pesach.
- Shoes need to be resoled? Take them to the shoemaker.
- Shirts and clothes in the dry cleaning pile? Drop them off to the dry cleaner's on the way to work. No one will be scrambling for a clean suit / dress / shirt 5 minutes before Yomtov.
- Get the carpet cleaner booked for next week.
- See if you can get a dentist appointment to sort out that bothersome tooth - deal with it before it bothers you to eat all that crunchy matza over Passover.
- Any minor medical issues - make an appointment with the doctor for this week.
- Schedule yourself a massage / hair cut / manicure for next week - all this preparation that you are doing, you must take time for yourself.
- Going out for the seder or a yomtov meal? Pick up gifts this week, wrap them and include a card, so that they are ready to be dropped off just before the holiday.
ACTION: Make a list of everything that needs to be done between now and Passover, and then prioritize. Farm out some tasks to the spouse / older children if possible.
DINNER TONIGHT: Easy Cheesy Calzone - Pick up prepared Pizza Crust, and this dinner is a cinch to make. Make some french fries in the oven, toss up a quick salad. Yum!.