Today's food holiday celebrates the Peanut Cluster, a type of candy that combines peanuts and chocolate. Delicious!
Five Fun Facts:
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Astronaut Allen B. Sheppard brought a peanut with him to the moon.
- Peanut butter was the secret behind "Mr. Ed," TV's talking horse.
- Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.
- Peanut butter is the leading use of peanuts in the USA.
Five Peanut Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls - The goodness of peanut butter and the decadence of chocolate, all rolled together in one.
- Peanut Butter Fudge- Bet you can't eat just one piece!!
- Honey Peanut Butter And Chocolate Popcorn- the perfect dessert to take to friend's when invited over for dinner. Pure decadence.
- Sweet Peanut Butter Cereal Bars- perfect for the lunch box or for breakfast on the go.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overload - Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cookie dough, peanut butter fudge sauce, and chocolate covered peanut butter candies This recipe combines two most perfectly matched flavors in an intense combination that is sure to thrill any true peanut butter lover.
Click for more peanut recipes.
Nutritional information for one serving (3 pieces) of peanut cluster:
Fat: 13 g
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 65 mg
Protein: 4 g
Sugars: 0 g