We seem to be drawn to food on a stick - maybe because eating with our hands is so much fun, if a little messy? Kebabs, marshmallows, satay or even desserts - your options are endless.
Five Fun Foods On a Stick Ideas:
- Corn on the Cob on a Stick
- Pizza on a Stick
- Deep Fried Potato on a Stick
- Hollow out a zucchini, insert hot dog with skewer through it, dip in batter and deep fry.
- Mac and Cheese on a Stick
Five Fun Recipes:
- Salad on a Stick with Honey Mustard and Cilantro Lime Dressings- so fun, use different variations!
- Pie Pops- Pie pops are individual portions of pie, perfect for any day and any taste. Not to mention, nearly everything is tastier if it's eaten off a stick. The sky's the limit for flavorful fillings, but consider the following recipes for inspiration for more adventurous ideas.
- Grilled Rosemary-Salmon Skewers- Finally a recipe that gives salmon its due.
- Mango Melon Pops- Make your own homemade pops with fresh or frozen mango and fresh watermelon, or any of your fave fruits.
- Tuna Kebabs with Cranberry and Lime Glaze - The sharp tangy flavor of the cranberry and lime glaze contrasts well with the robust flavor of tuna in this nutrient rich meal the whole family will enjoy.
Nutrition information per corn dog:
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Cholesterol: 28 mg
Sodium: 490 mg
Protein: 6 g
Sugars: 7 g