Curried Chicken is a chicken dish that has been cooked with the primary ingredients of curry - coriander, cumin and turmeric, plus other ingredients. It is best served with hot rice and fresh naanbread.
Five fun facts:
- The word "curry" is an anglicized version of a Tamil word "kari" - a dish cooked with spices.
- Curry powder is really "garam masala" -a blend of spices.
- To make a hot curry mild, all you need to do is add coconut milk when it's cooking.
- The concept of curry originated in India, but there are many different variations from all over the world.
- Curcumin, the yellow pigment in curry powder is being seriously looked at by scientists as a tool that fights Alzheimer's Disease.
Some curried chicken recipes: