Creme-filled chocolates are not too difficult to make.Creme-filled chocolates can be made two ways. The first way is to make ganache and fondant, roll it into a ball and then dip the fondant into chocolate. Another way is to use a mold and put melted chocolate in the mold. Chocolate in molds are cooled by freezing. The molds are then filled with a creme filling and chocolate poured over the candy. Once the candy has cooled, it can be taken out of the mold.
The chocolates can be filled with a number of flavors. Some of them are coffee, maple, mint, raspberry, strawberry orange, lemon, vanilla, maraschino, rum, chocolate and coconut. Most of the flavors are attained by using flavoring, liqueur, extract, fruit juices or powdered ingredients.
Five fun facts:
- More than 2000 years ago Mayan Indians in Mexico and Central America used ground cocoa beans to create a drink. Before consuming the beans, they used them as a form of currency. They only ground the beans when they were worn out.
- Ancient Aztecs thought chocolate had magical powers; like the ability to give them strength.
- Confectioners discovered how to make solid eating chocolate from chocolate liquor, cocoa butter and sugar. Thus the chocolate industry was born. Modern manufacturing methods enable retailers to sell chocolate to everyone.
- Chocolate contains over 300 mineral properties that are beneficial to your health.
- Chocolate does contain chemical elements that really do boost your mood and produce a euphoric feeling.
- Boston Cream Pie- Don't worry about leftovers with this delectable, parve Boston Cream Pie, there won't be any.
- Mini Chocolate Coconut Sandwiches- Minis are great because you can enjoy just one without the guilt. (Or you can do what I do: eat seconds, thirds, and fourths of these bite-sized babies when no one is looking!) For pareve sandwiches, substitute non-dairy sorbet and pareve cookies and you are good to go.
- Caramel Toffee Squares- mini bites of heaven!
- Chocolate & Nut Butter Bites- A super quick and easy way to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Pareve Chocolate Truffles- These are so easy, so versatile and great activity with your kids.
Click for more chocolate recipes.
Read about the health benefits of chocolate.
Nutritional Information for One Chocolate Covered Caramel:
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 22 mg
Protein: 1 g
Sugars: 6 g