Cheeseballs are small to medium sized deep fried balls coated with corn flour, refined flour or breadcrumbs and stuffed with cheese mixture. Cheese balls are the perfect item to be served as snacks as well as appetizers. Not only is the preparation of cheeseballs easy, but also quite quick. It is the best recipe which can be prepared within just a few minutes with nothing but cheese in store, whenever an unexpected guest drops in. The making of this snack item is quite pocket-friendly and can be served with tangy tomato sauce, chili sauce on any holiday, party or get-together. A typical cheese ball is crispy from outside while moist on the inside due to the cheese stuffing. Cheese balls taste great in every bite when the generously stuffed cheese inside melts into the mouth. These snacks become even yummier with the addition of a pinch of seasonings like pepper and herbs like oregano.
Five Fun Facts:
- Cheese balls are fun party snacks
- The term "cheese ball" can also refer to the puffed air orange snack that can be purchased in the snack aisle.
- The earliest mention was found in a 1944 cookbook called "Food of My Friends". The recipe came from a Minnesota housewife.
- A "cheeseball" also refers to someone trying to be funny or corny.
- Cheese Balls are a great snack for a home movie night.
- Nacho Pepper Jack Cheese Ball
- Italian Cheese Ball
- Spinach Artichoke Feta Cheese Ball
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Green Chili Cheese Ball
Click for more Cheese Ball recipes.
Nutrition information per one serving of cheese balls:
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Protein: 0 g