Spread the Cheer this Purim!!!
I was so excited when Tamar asked me to design a Mishloach Manot using Natural and Kosher Cheeses. I have always thought that a cheese board would make a great Mishloach Manot.
Cheeses pair well with bread, wine, and grapes (just to name a few), and with little effort can be arranged to make a striking presentation. Additionally, with all the nosh, cakes, and sweets everyone receives, your recipients will be thrilled to receive “real” food that they can nibble on and enjoy throughout the busy day.
The following is one arrangement that I came up with, but the presentation options are endless. So copy this idea or let your own creative flair express your own style. Either way, your friends, and family will “smile and say CHEESE!”
(Other suitable cheese companions: pears, crackers, olives)
You will need:
- Cheese board (I used a cutting board from a dollar store)
- Assortment of cheeses (I used Natural & Kosher Cheddar and Parmesan)
- Small bottle of wine
- Natural Grass
- Shrink wrap bag
- Cheese knife (available in many discount stores)
1. Place the napkin and grass on the board and arrange the food and spreader on top.
2. Place board in a shrink wrap bag. Tape the extra plastic to the back of the board with scotch tape.
3. Use a blow dryer to shrink the plastic.
Comment with your favorite cheese pairings.
Sponsored by Natural & Kosher, all opinions are my own.
Photography by Mrs. Leah Trenk.