WHERE CAN YOU GET THE BEST HUMMUS IN JERUSALEM?
We asked our loyal readers to help us find the best versions of everything Israel has to offer. We asked the people of Israel. We asked our friends. We asked tour guides. We asked foodies... And now the results are in!
Scroll down for recipes you can try at home...
THE BEST HUMMUS IN JERUSALEM
Reader's Choice Winner:
Pinati (Various Branches)
- “The Best! I Promise you! “ Corrinne Burton
- "It’s a tie between Rachmu and Pinati, both are creamy and consistent both are really good with the local fresh pita. both are consistently good." - Mordecai Holtz, New Media Director for ITravelJerusalem (follow them on Twitter@ilovejerusalem, Facebook, and Instagram @itraveljerusalem)
- "There is nothing better than their hummus." -Baruch Family
- "Good flavor, good consistency, and a good aftertaste. You can tell it's homemade." -Dr. Salin Dahlben
Tie for Second Place:
Ben-Sira Hummus (3 Ben Sira St.)
- "The Ben-Sira people cracked the formula of making great Hummus and until the last time I ate there several months ago succeeded in keeping it good as always. The place has expended since it was open, which demonstrates for me proof of concept." -Michael Weiss, founder of GoJerusalem.com
- "Ben sira is great for the late night hummus craving." - Mordecai Holtz, New Media Director for ITravelJerusalem (follow them on Twitter@ilovejerusalem, Facebook, and Instagram @itraveljerusalem)
Azura (4 Ha'eshkol Street, Machane Yehuda Market)
- "Azura. The best hummus in Jerusalem, hands down. The texture, flavor, the toppings and the fresh pita is what makes it the best in the city." -Yehuda Jacobs, TheIsraeliFoodie
- "A plate of their hummus topped with falafel is like heaven." -Miriam Lottner-, Foodie and Reveal Cards founder
Hadar Geula (13 Malchi Yisrael)
WATCH: DIY Lemon Lover's Hummus
If you can't come to Jerusalem, don't worry, we've got you covered! Here are our best hummus recipes....Enjoy!
- Zucchini Hummus (2 Ways)
- Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- Israeli Hummus
- Chicken, Turkey, or Meat Hummus
- Tri-color Hummus
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Hummus With Pine Nuts and Zaatar
- Zesty Walnut Hummus
- Edamame Hummus
- Pinto Bean Hummus
- Hummus With Roasted Garlic
And don't forget to dip your hummus into some authentic Israeli pita bread!
Don't miss out on the best, JOYofISRAEL.
Want to know more about Israeli food? Check out the JOY of KOSHER Magazine, Israel Issue! Subscribe Now.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.