Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER
Prep: 10 min
Total: 30 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings (16 latkes)
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
1 large red onion grated or chopped fine
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup matzo meal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sweet potatoes, onion, eggs, matzo meal, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spray cooking spray into a non stick sauté pan. Shape 1/4 cup of batter into latkes, flattening them with your hands and brown on each side.
- Remove to a sprayed baking sheet and finish cooking in a 350 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with Gingered Sour Cream.
To make Gingered Sour Cream add 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger to 8 ounces of sour cream.