Hamentashen vs. Latkes: It's On … Again!
On Chanukah, latkes threw down the gauntlet. Now, with Purim 2010 almost here (this year Purim starts on Saturday night, February 27th), it's payback time. And this time, it's pastry.
So here they are; the 8 reasons why hamentashen are better than latkes:
- Baking hamentashen fill the air with the scent of sweet perfume. Latkes, not so much.
- Hamentashen are portable.
- Hamentashen: 144 calories, 4.5 grams of fat. Latkes: 200 calories, 11 grams of fat. Latkes=thar she blows!
- Decadently rich, hand-dipped chocolate latkes? I don't think so!
- I wouldn't call latkes fat, but when they sit around the house, they really sit around the house. (Not to mention your stomach.)
- Hamentashen keep you regular!
- Hamentashen … baked, not fried.
- Three words … fruit filling, baby!