These zucchini pancakes are another variation on Hanukkah latkes. They taste wonderfully fresh, especially if you serve them with minted yogurt.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 6 zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup flour
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Canola oil, for frying
1. Grate the zucchini using the coarse side of a box grater. Put in a colander and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
2. Put the eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
3. Mix in the zucchini, parsley and mint.
4. Heat the canola oil in a wide, heavy-bottomed pan (it should fully coat the bottom of the pan).
5. Form the zucchini mixture into patties and carefully put in the hot oil. Fry on both sides until evenly browned and crispy.
6. Serve with sour cream or yogurt mixed with chopped fresh mint.
TIP: Put a piece of carrot in the pan while frying to prevent the oil from burning.