I have been searching and experimenting to find the best whole wheat pizza crust. This is the closest I have come so far.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3¼ cups whole wheat flour
1. Mix sugar, water and yeast in a bowl; allow to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add oil, salt and flour to yeast mixture; mix and knead until it is not sticky.
3. Place in a greased, floured ziplock bag and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. Roll out dough and shape into 2 medium pies or any way you want to use it. We make individual size.
5. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 450. Dust pan with cornmeal and heat in oven for 5 minutes. Place dough on pan and bake for 6 minutes.
7. Cover dough with toppings and bake additional 15 minutes or until golden.