This slow cooked white bean soup can be set up in the morning and ready for you when you get home from work. Comforting, healthy and satisfying.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped, plus 1 whole for bread
- 2 (14.5-ounce) Cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Manischewitz All Natural vegetable Broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 slices seeded corn bread
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Zest of 1 lemon
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a crock pot, combine onion, carrots, celery, chopped garlic, tomatoes, beans, broth and bay leaves. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Prepare cornbread just before serving: Broil bread on high for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately rub with whole garlic cloves to infuse with flavor.
- Add spinach and lemon zest to crockpot and stir to combine just before serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper.