Enjoy this refreshing summer soup. It’s also perfect as a light dessert or paired with a piece of cake or sliced of fresh watermelon on the side. Adapted from The Silver Platter: Simple to Spectacular (Artscroll) by Daniella Silver and Norene Gilletz.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or mint
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Additional fresh basil or mint, for garnish
1. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process watermelon, lemon juice, basil, and honey until puréed. (You may need to do this in batches.)
2. Transfer to a container. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
3. Stir well. Serve chilled. Garnish with basil or mint.