This recipe is heaven in a potato salad. Warm, crispy, creamy with a hint of heat – I have never tasted a better potato salad, ever!
You will need half a cup of sauce per 2 pounds of potatoes. I like equal parts Gold’s Horseradish sauce and mayo but feel free to play with the ratio to intensify the bite - even add Gold’s white horseradish for more of a kick.
For the potatoes use a combo of red bliss and fingerling or even plain old Russets. You can dice the potatoes before or after boiling. And you can even boil the potatoes a day or two in advance of preparing the salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup Gold’s Horseradish Sauce
- 1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds cooked red bliss potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl place Gold’s Horseradish Sauce and mayonnaise and mix to combine, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high to high heat. Once shimmering add potatoes in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the pan or your potatoes won’t crisp, if necessary fry in batches.
- Leave the potatoes alone for a minute. Shake the pan, the potatoes should move freely. Shake the pan every minute or so to keep the potatoes from sticking. After about 5 to 7 minutes, once nice and brown on one side flip and repeat the process for another 5 to 7 minutes to brown the second side.
- Add the onions the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer hot potatoes and onions to the bowl with Horseradish Sauce. Toss to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped fresh parsley leaves.
Nutrition information is based on 6 servings.