- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 12 ounces boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) baby carrots
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and seeded sliced cucumbers
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
1 Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot.
2 Add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes.
3 Stir in wine; cook 1 minute longer. Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
4 Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes.
5 Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
6 Just before serving add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Dressing. Serve in lettuce cups.
7 Tarragon Dressing
8 In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com