This non-dairy corn chowder is the easiest soup that can actually be served cold or hot. It is inspired from Judita Wingall's Raw & Simple cookbook.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 pounds frozen corn kernels, thawed (you can use fresh off the cobb when it is in season)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 avocado, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle or chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish: diced avocado, diced tomato, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno, chopped red onion
In a blender, blend together all but 1 cup of the corn, the water, the avocado, garlic, lime juice, chipotle, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Stir in the extra cup of corn and adjust seasoning to taste.
Ladle into bowls and top with garnish of choice.
If you wish you serve it hot, you can warm on the stove or microwave and then add the garnish before serving.