They key to transforming turnips into chips are thin, even slices. We recommend using a mandolin to get uniform slices that will cook evenly and crisp up like chips.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large turnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and put into 2 cups of water to create acidulated water
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place turnip slices into acidulated water, for 5 minutes, to keep from turning brown.
3. Pat slices dry. Toss with evoo, salt, and pepper. Arrange turnips, in a single layer, on prepared pan. Roast in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate, and serve chips as a snack or side.