Turkey thighs in sweet cherry sauce is an elegant way to serve turkey, Thanksgiving or all year round.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 (14-ounce) can dark, sweet-pitted cherries, drained
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cut boneless, skinless thigh meat into 4 equal portions. Set aside.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add turkey and cook until well browned (approx. 8-10 minutes). Remove meat to a plate and set aside.
3. Add onions to pan and saute until softened.
4. Add garlic, thyme, orange juice, broth and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and return turkey to pan. Lower heat and simmer covered for 1 hour.
5. Add jelly and orange rind. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove turkey to a warmed serving plate. Add cherries to sauce.
7. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Add to sauce, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
8. Pour sauce over turkey and sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.