Bring the tropics to your home in any season. You can always broil the skewers if it is not grilling season and everyone loves to eat chicken on a stick.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Pineapple juice
- 3 Canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 32 (appx.1 cup) California Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup Diced pineapple (1-inch)
- 8 12- inch wooden skewers, soaked in warm water
1 In the bowl of a food processor, puree together ketchup, pineapple juice, chilies and garlic.
2 Stir in cilantro and reserve 1 cup of sauce for dipping. Pour remaining chipotle sauce into a large bowl and combine with chicken.
3 Cover, refrigerate and set aside to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
4 Prepare skewers by threading each with a California Ripe Olive, pineapple chunk and a piece of marinated chicken.
5 Repeat pattern two times, then finish each skewer with one more California Ripe Olive. Grill skewers over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
6 Serve two skewers on each plate accompanied with a 1/4 cup of dipping sauce.
Source: California Olive