This quick salad is super healthy and is filling enough to be a complete meal or served along side other dishes for a large party. Tofu soaks up the delicious flavors of tomato and green onion and is garnished with a slightly salty sprinkle of feta cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1/4-inch long pieces
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut block of tofu in half and lay on paper towels. Cover top with paper towels and press down to remove some of the liquid. Cut into 1/2-inch square pieces.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add tofu and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add green onions and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomato and basil. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls and garnish with crumbled feta.