- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 Tofu, extra firm (12 oz. to 14 oz package)
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs, dried
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Soybean oil
- assorted dipping sauces of your choice
1 Cut tofu into twelve, 1x1x3-inch pieces. Place pieces on paper towel to drain.
2 Mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
3 Beat egg and milk together in small bowl. Dip tofu in egg mixture. Place tofu in bread crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
4 Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Add tofu, reduce heat and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauces.
Source: © 2010, Courtesy of United Soybean Board