- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 servings ServingsServings
- 1 package (3 oz.) :cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup:margarine, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon:salt
- 1-3/4 cups:all-purpose flour
- 1 :egg
- 2/3 :2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup:finely chopped or crushed pineapple (fresh is best but drained canned Pineapple will work)
- 2 squares (1 oz. each):semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 tablespoon:grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon:vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In an electric mixing bowl or food processor bowl combine the cream cheese, margarine and salt and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the flour until a dough forms into a ball.
- Divide the dough into thirds; then divide each section into 12 balls.
- Press each ball into bottom and sides of mini muffin pans to form tart shell.
- Set the shells aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl or food processor combine the egg and brown sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in the pineapple, chocolate, orange peel and vanilla.
- Evenly spoon the filling into the prepared tart shells.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove tarts from pans and cool to room temperature.