This one pan main dish is flavorful and easy to make. Get ahead on your prep time by making the filling a day ahead of time, then covering and storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger, 2 tablespoons frozen crushed ginger, or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup mirin or sweet white wine
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded thin
- Garnish: sliced scallions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place sesame oil and evoo in an ovenproof medium saute pan over high heat.
3. Brown mushrooms for 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy and caramelized. Add garlic, ginger, and scallions. Cook for 1 minute more to soften garlic. Add one-quarter cup teriyaki and stir to combine. Remove pan from heat, and transfer mushrooms to a bowl to cool. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Lay chicken breasts flat out on a cutting board or plate. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of mushroom mixture into the middle of each breast. Roll up and place seam side down into the saute pan you cooked the mushrooms, placing each piece tightly next to each other. Pour over remaining teriyaki, mirin and broth.
5. Cover pan, place in 350°F oven and braise chicken for 20 minutes. Uncover chicken and cook 10 minutes more. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with scallions.