- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, light
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound thinly sliced uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cashews or peanuts (optional)
- 1 pound bow tie pasta or other medium shape
1 Combine soy sauce, oil, wine, basil, red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic powder and marinate with chicken for 2 to 3 hours, refrigerated. Stir occasionally.
2 Cook pasta according to package directions.
3 Pour off marinade and save. In a large skillet coated with non-stick spray, cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
4 Add red pepper and sauté 5 minutes; remove from skillet and add marinade to skillet. Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened. Add cooked chicken, peppers and cashews. Serve chicken mixture over cooked pasta.
Source: Wheat Foods Council