To cut spinach into chiffonade (thin ribbons), stack the spinach leaves on top of each other, roll them tightly like you are rolling a cigar, cut the “cigar” into thin slices or ribbons.
Japanese Omelets can be used instead of tortillas to make these wraps gluten free.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 celery rib, sliced finely
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves, cut into chiffonade (thin ribbons)
- 1 large flour tortilla, nori sheet, or Japanese omelet (link under photo)
1. Whisk mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar and hot sauce together. Toss with chicken, celery, carrot, scallions, and spinach.
2. Arrange half of the filling on tortilla, nori, or Japanese omelet, close to you and being sure to leave a half-inch border. Roll away from you as tightly as possible, tucking the sides in as you roll. Slice into half-inch thick slices and store, seam side down in the bento box.