- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 package (about 18 ounces) frozen fully-cooked beef meatballs
- 2 cups uncooked instant long grain brown rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1-1/2 cups prepared picante sauce
- 1 cup sugar free apricot preserves
- Sliced green onions
1 Microwave meatballs according to package directions.
2 Meanwhile cook rice according to package directions.
3 Measure 1/2 cup juice from pineapple and place in large saucepan; reserve remaining juice for other use. Stir in picante sauce and preserves; bring to a boil.
4 Add meatballs and pineapple chunks. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with green onions.