- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6 servings ServingsServings
- 5 medium:sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon:fresh chopped thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 tablespoon:butter or margarine, melted
- dash:of cinnamon
- Salt:and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the potatoes into slices about 1/8" think.
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then into very thin slices.
- Butter a shallow, round 10" baking dish.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices in the pan in overlapping circles.
- Brush with about one fourth of the melted butter.
- Top with about half of the leeks and half of the thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with another layer of potatoes and the remaining leeks and thyme.
- Top with a final layer of the best looking potato slices.
- Brush the top layer with about one fourth of the melted butter and lightly sprinkle the cinnamon on the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil.
- Place a heavy skillet or baking dish on top to press the potatoes into a compact mass.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and foil and baste the top layer with the remaining butter.
- Continue baking for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft and the top and bottom layers have started to caramelize.
- If the potatoes begin to char, cover the top with foil.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving Serves 4 to 6.