Once you have prepared your Sweet Potato Butter you can store in glass jars and use it anytime you have a craving for this creamy and crunchy sandwich. Get ingredients for this recipe and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Low Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 pound 2 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into half moons
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup Eden organic apple juice
- 1 1/4 cups purified water
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Scant ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sweet Potato and Almond Butter Sandwiches with Green Apples
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet potato butter
- 3-4 slices Granny Smith apple
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
Low Sugar Cinnamon Sweet Potato Butter:
1. Stir together all ingredients in a saucepan with high sides. Bring to a boil over high heat; once boiling, turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 ½ hours, removing lid and stirring occasionally.
2. Once done, pour sweet potatoes over a large metal strainer placed inside a large glass bowl. Reserve one cup of sweet potato liquid.
3. Pour strained, softened sweet potatoes, remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 cup cooking liquid into a blender. Blend until thick and smooth. Add remaining cooking liquid if needed.
4. Transfer the mixture to cool, clean jars and put in the refrigerator to cool and set.
Sweet Potato and Almond Butter Sandwiches with Green Apples:
1. Spread almond butter on one slice of whole grain bread; top with sliced apples, and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Spread almond butter on remaining slice bread. Brings slices together and cut in half diagonally. Enjoy!