- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 2 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup finely diced onions
- 2 cup nondairy creamer, or milk for dairy
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground white pepper
- 1 black truffle or wild mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray or grease aluminum soufflé cups or porcelain soufflé ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add corn and onion, and sweat until translucent. Let cool.
- Put corn mixture into a blender. While blender is running, drizzle in creamer; blend until smooth. Add eggs, salt, and pepper to taste. Blend until well mixed.
- Pour flan mixture into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins into a 2-inch deep baking dish large enough to hold all of the ramekins in one layer with some space between them. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick or paring knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slide a knife around the edges of the flans to loosen. Invert flans onto plates, and pull the ramekins from the flans, gently tapping to release.
If desired, shave black truffle on top. Serve flans immediately. They go well with sautéed wild mushrooms.