Seared tuna served atop wonton wrappers and zucchini noodles a finalist in the 2013 Manischewitz Cook-Off.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 14 piece Wonton wrappers
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pound Ahi tuna steaks (sushi-grade, one-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Manischewitz® Creamy Horseradish Sauce, wasabi
- 2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Manischewitz® Vegetable Broth
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut wonton wrappers in half, lengthwise to form triangles.
3. Brush both sides of triangles lightly with canola oil.
4. Place wrappers on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Remove wonton wrappers from the baking sheet and cool on baking rack.
6. While the wonton wrappers are cooling, use a vegetable peeler to make zucchini noodles. Be sure to separate the noodles so they do not stick together.
7. In a medium saucepan, mix together 2 cups of the vegetable broth, rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil.
8. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved (about 2-3 minutes).
9. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in zucchini noodles.
10. Cover the saucepan and set aside.
11. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of canola oil to a large cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat until the oil begins to shimmer.
12. Season both sides of the Ahi tuna steaks with salt.
13. Sear tuna steaks 1 minute on the first side and 45 seconds on the second side. Tuna will be medium-rare.
14. Remove tuna from the skillet, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
15. While tuna is resting, in a small cup combine 1 Tbsp. of the wasabi horseradish sauce and 1 Tbsp. of vegetable broth.
16. Then mix in 1 Tbsp. of canola oil until all ingredients are combined.
17. Using a slotted spoon, remove the zucchini noodles from the saucepan and let drain on paper towels.
18. To assemble, put 5-7 baked wonton triangles in a line down the middle of each plate.
19. Divide zucchini into 4 equal portions and place on top of the wonton wrappers on each plate.
20. Slice the tuna steaks into ¼ inch thick slices, divide into 4 equal portions, and place on top of the zucchini.
21. Drizzle the wasabi sauce over the tuna.
Contributed by Michele Kusma from Columbus, OH an featured as a finalist in the Manischewitz Cook-Off 2013.