These Hamentashen can be whipped up in 3 minutes using cake mix and it makes a perfect project for your kids.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 :(18.25 ounce) package moist yellow cake mix
- 1 :cup flour
- 2 :eggs
- 2 :tablespoons water
- 1 :cup jam, any flavor
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and flour. Stir in the eggs and water to form a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-4 inch round circles and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into the center of each cookie and pinch the sides to form three corners.
- Moisten with water if necessary.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Yes, this recipe calls for a cake mix but it's one that can be whipped up in about 3 minutes and the kids can do it without any supervision.