Editor's Notes - we made this with mozzarella cheese with great success, but if you can find burrata cheese a fresh mozarella with a gooey center or dare to make your own (link on bottom) it should add another layer of yum.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 4 whole eggs, beaten room temperature
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes moist, slivered
- 12 ounce burrata cheese (or fresh mozerella)
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest freshly grated
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Boil egg noodles al dente (firm to the bite); drain and place back into pot. Add butter and stir well to coat noodles then stir in the eggs. Transfer to a 12" x 9" oven safe casserole dish. Scatter sun-dried tomatoes over noodles followed by thinly sliced burrata (or mozzerella) cheese. Spread a thin layer of pesto over cheese and sprinkle with parmesan and lemon pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle lightly with chopped parsley and lemon zest.
NOTE: You can substitute Mozzarella for the Burrata, or you can make your own burrata cheese!