Jamie Geller's Recipe for Stuffed Poblanos
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 4 large poblano peppers: 3 halved lengthwise, 1 finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped butternut squash
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, torn for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the three halved peppers in a baking pan and pour boiling water over them. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, the finely chopped pepper, and squash; cook for 5 minutes. Add black beans; stir and remove from heat.
- Drain the peppers and fill them with the vegetable stuffing. Place stuffed peppers back in the baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro.