- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ServingsServings
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole strawberries, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Icing:1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk, low-fat
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 If using frozen strawberries, thaw and cut into pieces. Combine with brown sugar and set aside.Spray an 8” round cake pan with cooking spray.
3 CAKE:In a large bowl, combine flours, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, butter, vanilla and egg. Mix well and add to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
4 Spoon ? of the batter into prepared pan. Spread strawberry mixture evenly over the batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle pecans on top.
5 Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.
6 ICING: Combine confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir well and drizzle icing over cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Wheat Foods Council