Gnudi is sort of like a cheesey gnocchi, made from ricotta cheese and mixed with spinach it is a full healthy meal. Serve along side some crusty bread and you will have a happy family.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pound bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 eggs
- a few grates of fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour, plus about 1 cup for coating
- 4 cups favorite tomato sauce
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and eggs. Stir in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and 5 tablespoons flour. Form mixture in to small, flattened balls using extra flour to hold it together and coat it. Slide formed gnudi into the boiling water. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan; work in batches if necessary. Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes, allow to sit on a large plate.
Meanwhile bring a medium frying pan to medium low heat. Pour in your favorite sauce, from a jar or homemade, bring to a low simmer. Place gnudi dumplings inside the sauce, heat for another minute or two and serve.