This delicious south-of-the-border salad is a great summer dish, but can be enjoyed all year round. This salad is nutritious, high in protein and low in fat, and enriched by the avocados' good-for-you omega-3s.
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears fresh Supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
Spicy Salad Dressing (see Tips)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7-10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
- Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing (see Tips); toss gently.
Spicy Salad Dressing: To a 1/2 cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/8 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground red pepper (Cayenne).
Per Serving: 402 calories, 26 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 22 g fat, 462 mg sodium
Contributed by:Avocados from Mexico