- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 box Duncan Hines Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking-spray.
2 In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, oil, and eggs with wooden spoon until just blended, add chili powder, red pepper and orange juice stir until moistened; stir in chocolate chips.
3 Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets. Sprinkled with nuts, if desired.
4 Bake 11-14 minutes until cracked in appearance and just barely set at center when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute on sheets. Transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.
5 Garnish with pecans or other nuts and chocolate chips, if desired.