- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3/4 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Texturized soy protein (TSP)
- 1/2 pound Ground turkey breast
- 3/4 cup Onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup Green peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil (vegetable oil)
- 10 ounces Canned diced tomatoes, including liquid
- 10 ounces Canned tomato sauce
- 1 ounce Canned green chilies, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chili powder (to taste)
- 1 quart water
1 In a large bowl, pour boiling water over soy protein.
2 In a large pot, sauté turkey, onions, peppers and garlic in oil over medium high heat until turkey is no longer pink.
3 Add rehydrated soy protein and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
4 Serve with assorted condiments.
© 2010, Courtesy of United Soybean Board