Try this tasty Sole in White Wine Sauce, easy to prepare too, just watch the video below and you will be an expert in no time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 sole fillets, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons prepared crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Imagine Organic No-Chicken Broth
- Lemon Slices, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place butter in shallow bowl; place bread crumbs, parsley and garlic in another shallow bowl.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Dip fillets in butter, place in prepared pan and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, pour wine into a saucepan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in lemon juice, water and broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and continue boiling until sauce reduces by about half and thickens.
- Place fish on a platter or individual plates. Spoon sauce over fillets and garnish with lemon.
Tip: There is nothing quite like Dover sole, and this recipe was initially created for that fish. It is quite expensive and hard to come by, so flounder or other kinds of sole (grey or lemon sole) are a great substitute. Salmon would work here, too.