- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 large head radicchio
- 1 boneless smoked trout filet
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 oranges, peeled & sectioned, (reserve juice)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- sea salt, or kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Separate the leaves of radicchio to make individual cups. Set aside.
Remove skin from trout and flake into a medium sized bowl. Add red onion and orange sections. Lightly toss to evenly combine.
In a small bowl, combine all the orange juice, honey, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Slowly add oil while whisking vigorously. Pour vinaigrette over the prepared salad and gently toss.
Place each portion of salad into the individual radicchio cups. Serve chilled.
Note: This dish can be prepared up to four hours ahead of time.