Sometimes there's just not enough time to for stuffed cabbage, so here's the ultimate alternative. Meatballs and cabbage slow-cooked together - unstuffed cabbage!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 (32-ounce) bottle of ketchup (I use cheapest brand)
- 1 (1-litre) bottle of ginger ale (I use diet)
- 1 grated onion
- 2 pounds ground meat (I use ground turkey)
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice (I use brown instant)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Garlic to taste
1. Cut cabbage into 1 inch strips. Place in slow cooker on high with ketchup and ginger ale.
2. Cook on high while preparing meat.
1. Mix meat, onion, salt, pepper, eggs (beaten), rice, and garlic.
2. Form meat into small patties or footballs or round balls and place in pot.
3. Lower heat to low and cook 5-6 hours. Can be served as is or over rice or noodles.