- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 8 ounces beef bacon cubes
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 5 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth or water is OK)
- fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a wide skillet and add beef bacon cubes. Brown on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. In the same skillet, sauté onions 5 minutes, then add carrots for another 5 minutes, until soft.
3. Add peas, onions, carrots, broth to the crock pot.
4. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
5. If you like, use an immersion blender to produce a creamier consistency.
6. Serve with salt, pepper and fresh country bread.
Recipe by Anna Hanau.