I asked my friend Monet for the recipe for this dish three years after I had it at her house. She could only remember the ingredients, so we improvised with happy results.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 to 4 pounds lamb stew, cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (22-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped onions
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup barley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup boiling water mixed with 1 tablespoon Osem Beef Soup Mix)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried, crumbled thyme
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup prepared marinara sauce
1. Lightly grease slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Rinse lamb and pat dry.
3. Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix. Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on low, or as an option, 4 to 5 hours on high.
4. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.