Sloppy Joes are popular with every member of the family, young and old. Try serving it with Deviled Potato Salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce*
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 crusty rolls, split in half, toasted
1. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add beef to pan and cook until beef is browned, stirring frequently to break up the meat, about 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place rolls on a serving platter and distribute Sloppy Joe mixture evenly among the rolls.
*Using Worcestershire sauce in a meat dish in a kosher kitchen can be tricky because it contains anchovies. Look for a kosher certification mark which is not accompanied by a “fish” notation. That sauce can be used in a meat dish.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.