Combine delicious flavors for a great meat meal. Sesame chicken and pasta which is very easy to do.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, light
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot Chile oil
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless cooked
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound pea pods
- 3 scallions, white bulbs and 3 inches green tops, sliced
1 Cook linguine according to package directions; drain, rinse under cold water and set aside in large mixing bowl.
2 Put garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in food processor; chop for 1 minute. With the processor still on, slowly add the sesame and hot chili oils through the feed tube and process until well blended.
3 Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss with linguine. Add sauce and half the sesame seeds and toss to coat.
4 Trim pea pods as desired. Blanch in saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds; drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
5 Place linguine-chicken mixture in large flat serving bowl and arrange pea pods on top. Sprinkle with scallions and remaining sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Wheat Foods Council