After the first two nights of Passover we usually have some items that go to the garbage, the Seder plate items...This recipe gives you a way to enjoy them in a chol hamoed dinner.
- Cook Time
- 6 PeopleServings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup parve milk (i prefer almond milk)
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. fresh bay spinach (about 1 cup)
- 3 cooked potatoes (your leftover karpas), pilled and diced
- Shredded chicken drumstick (your leftover from the seder plate) - optional
1. In a bowl whisk the eggs, parve milk and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a deep 9 inch frying pan over height heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until brown (about 3-5 minutes). Add the spinach and sauté for a minute until wilted.
3. Add the potatoes, and if using chicken and add it as well (spread them around the frying pan).
4. Add the egg and parve milk mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 minutes more. Uncover and cook for 2-3 additional minutes until all liquid is gone.
5. Serve hot or at room temperature