The most amazing seaweed chips that you can easily make at home.
Most flavorings and spice blends work best with a little oil, but they often get a bit of a toasty flavor when cooked, so it is best to sprinkle them on after. The pickled ginger juice can be made without any oil at all. They get a little curly when cooked, but that doesn’t seem to bother anyone.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 sheets of toasted nori Oil (any variety) or cooking spray
- Pickled ginger juice
- Sea salt
- Wasabi powder
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Ranch dressing powder mix
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Place nori in one layer, shiny-side up, on a large baking sheet.
3. Brush or spray with oil or ginger juice.
4. Sprinkle with salt if using, reserve other seasonings for after it is cooked. Bake for about 10 minutes; flip the sheets over, spray or brush with oil and salt, and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle preferred seasoning, if desired, over top, and let sit until cool.
6. Cut with kitchen shears into strips or squares and place in bags or airtight containers.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW